Wednesday, May 24, 2023

Color Hues Happy Birthday


I love these colors and am so happy I had a little time to play in my craft room today. I smooshed 3 orange Distress Oxide inks on to a piece of watercolor paper, then sprayed it with Color Shine. When dry, I die cut it with Concord & 9th's Potpourri Die. I cut it a second time from SU Basic Gray and glued the two together slightly askew. I glued the die cuts to  Basic Gray card base and added a foiled, die cut sentiment from my snippet box. To finish I glued some bling from Gina K and my card was complete.

I'm also playing at:

Inspired by top left shades of orange and gray


Blooms

Flora

Project Details
Stamps/DiesConcord & 9th Potpourri Dies
Pinkfresh Studio Fancy Script Words Hot Foil Plate & Die
Cardstock    SU Basic Gray
Neenah Solar White 80 lb. Cardstock
Tim Holtz Distress Watercolor Cardstock
 Ink Carved Pumpkin, Dried Marigold and Wild Honey DO Inks
Heidi Swapp Peach Color Shine
Embellishments Gina K Angel Aura Rhinestones
Other Spellbinders Platinum Plus Die Cutting & Embossing Machine
Scor-Pal Score Board
Fiskars 12" SureCut Deluxe Craft Paper Trimmer
MISTI Stamping Tool
Bearly Art Precision Glue
SSS 3D Foam Squares

8 comments:

Nancy said...

All those vibrant florals look fabulous against your grey background. Such a great job to use the smooshing technique, it makes the flowers appear to have texture. Love the foiled greeting too! Thanks for playing with us at Color Hues and I hope you are doing well!

cm said...

A potpourri of loveliness all over your card, Stephanie! Echoing Nancy: smooshing adds beautiful texture to the pretty flowers. The foiled sentiment is wonderful. So delighted you joined us at both Inkspirational and Colour Hues.
hugs~carol

I Card Everyone said...

OH WOW!! I really need to play with these sprays more often - look at that brilliant color! Stephanie, you've chosen the perfect specimen for spritzing! LOVE this color combo!
=]

Lisa Elton said...

Spectacular card, Stephanie! Wow did you ever put those colors to good use!

Leslie Miller said...

Wow, you did an amazing job with these colors! Love that big smooshy die cut, and I'm really glad you shared your card with us at Double D!

Darlene said...

Oh Stephanie this card is AMAZING! Love the colors on your beautiful flowers and the design is AWESOME! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
Co-Owner
DOUBLE D
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

PS ... thanks for also sharing this beauty with us in our Triple B Challenge ... good luck!

Marlena M. said...

Beautiful work Stephanie; it matches lovely with our moodboard! Thank you for joining us at INkspirational~

Imke said...

Thanks for entering our "Flora or Fauna" Challenge @ Little Red Wagon with this lovely card, Stephanie. I hope we see you back again soon.

Imke ~ MY CRAFTY PLACE