Saturday, October 29, 2022

Happy Birthday, Jon



My twin boys just celebrated their 23rd birthday. My goodness, time surely flies. I made this for Jon, and when he opened it, he said "this is so me". I loved that. He is such a wonderful guy trying to make his way in the college lacrosse coaching world. He is very tenacious, passionate, and boy, can he work a room! I am so very proud of this guy, and I like him very much too! 

Jon loves lacrosse and he loves coffee, so I combined them for his card using Bear (Ellen Hutson). I bought a digital image of crossed lacrosse sticks, edited one out of the images, resized it for bear, and colored the head red. Jon is working with the Rutgers University Lacrosse Team at present.  RU colors are red and black. Bear's coffee cup has a red band to match. The background stenciling is inked with Faded Jeans. I love the way this turned out. Love ya, kid.

I'm playing at:



6 comments:

Dena J said...

Marvelous card!! The stencil fade is a perfect backdrop for the bear, and the pops of red are perfect. Many thanks for joining the Celebration 700th challenge at Allsorts.

brenda said...

A super card for the lads with a fun element as well, perfect for our Allsorts 700th challenge celebrations, thanks so much for joining in.

B x

I Card Everyone said...

Your lacrosse-loving son had to love you extra for putting all the things he loves so perfectly on his card, Stephanie! You're very lucky the boys appreciate your cards and the love you put into them! Happy birthday, Jon!
LOve the stenciling behind that Bear, my friend!
=]

Lisa Elton said...

I love his response to his special birthday card! That bear is so much fun and he looks great in front of the stenciling. Happy birthday to Jon!

Nancy said...

This is the cutest card for a lacrosse and coffee lover. I adore it. The stenciling is perfect and I love that you raised the postage panel. Awesome, awesome job, Steph! Thanks for linking up with us at Seize the Birthday.

Linby said...

This is a fabulous bold bright and contemporary design. Thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts 700th challenge.