Saturday, October 29, 2022

Happy Birthday, Greg!



Browsing through Pinterest the other day, I saw THIS card by Donna Okoniewski, which really cracked me up. I was looking for some inspiration for my twin son Greg's birthday card, and this was it. I took the design right from the card I CASE'd, but changed it up by using a very different color scheme, a stenciled background for the card base, and stamped, heat embossed with sparkly black EP and die cut the spider webs. I also stamped the spiders, and added some stenciled clouds. Greg is a PhD student working with lots of technology, economics and data analytics. He has a wicked sense of humor. The simplicity and humor of this card made him laugh a lot, which was the desired effect! Also, I think it is pretty cool that you can see a face when you look at this card - 2 eyes and a mouth in the spiders, eyebrows in the webs above the two top spiders... Love ya, Greg.

Impression Obsession Web Stencil, Reverse Confetti Hello Bootiful Stamps & Dies, A Colorful Life Designs - Cloud Edger Stencil.

I'm playing at:

Seize The Birthday #250 - Anything Goes

6 comments:

Glennis F said...

Such a fun card - I love it!

Rainey's Craft Room said...

A great card, beautifully created and designed. Thank you for joining us at Allsorts this week.
Lorraine

brenda said...

This is great fun, very much appeals to my sense of humour, lovely to have you join in with our Allsorts 700th challenge celebrations, many thanks.

B x

I Card Everyone said...

I think you get the mother of the year award for capturing your twin boys so brilliantly while keeping their individual personalities in mind, Stephanie! Happy birthday, Greg!
I have to share this one with my pun-loving husband!
=]

Lisa Elton said...

I love the sentiment so much! Super cute card and it sounds perfect for your son, so happy it gave him a good laugh. Happy birthday to Greg!

Sarn said...

I always love a bit of humour on a card, and it's more difficult to achieve on a handmade one . . . so I applaud you for making this fun one.

Thanks for joining in at Allsorts on their special week. x