Saturday, June 20, 2020

Step Aside, Coffee



It's time for a new challenge at Addicted To CAS. Our Code Word for ATCAS Challenge #187 is ONE LAYER. Barb is our wonderful hostess. 
Please note: After this challenge, Addicted To CAS, along with all of the challenge blogs run by Kylie Purtell, will be suspended for 6 months while Kylie takes a much needed break.

Now, on to my card. I love making one layer cards. They used to terrify me, but now I often opt to make them even if not required. The Step Aside, Coffee stamp and sentiment from Unity Stamp Company has been laying on my desk crying out to be used. When I saw it on a card a while ago, I just had to have it, but it came, and then it sat. I decided that the time had finally come to break it out and ink it up!

I stamped the image in Memento Rich Cocoa ink on a Neenah Solar White 110# card base and colored the mug with Copics. I then decided to complete my card by framing the image and sentiment by embossing with a Spellbinders Hemstitch Rectangles die. I just really love the look of it.   

Please head on over to the ATCAS Challenge Blog, take a look at the wonderful creations that the Design Team has created for your inspiration, and make something to share in the gallery. Happy crafting!

Please remember that this is a CAS challenge. Here is a definition to remind you:
I'm also paying at:



8 comments:

Macimbalo said...

Hahaha! I love that sentiment! Great OLC!

Dotty Jo said...

Love it! Jo x

Darnell said...

OMG, I HAVE TO HAVE this sediment! What a hoot of a card and a very necessary sediment to have, especially in these times! Thanks for the laugh! Hugs, Darnell

I Card Everyone said...

Did you just use a hemstitch die to deboss?? OH how fabulous is that?! and the sentiment almost made me spew my coffee!
Incredibly fun, and adorable to boot - my kinda card!
=]

Barb Ghig said...

Oh my gosh, this is such a fun card, Stephanie! Fabulous Copic coloring and I love how you embossed the Hemstitch frame...very clever idea, my friend! Thanks so much for stepping up with a great card...I sure hope you'll be coming back in January :)

Jaydee said...

Fabulous card..... awesome coloring and absolutely hilarious sentiment! Thanks for making me laugh.
hugs
jaydee

Bobby said...

What a fun card, Stephanie. I would never have thought to emboss with the hemstitch die but it looks great and frames the images perfectly.

Dotty Jo said...

Such a fun card, Stephanie, Jo x