Saturday, October 29, 2011

Boo Crew

I just love this Boo Crew digi-image from MFT. I got it 2 years ago, and never used it.  It appears to be retired now.  I think I was a little scared of the amount of coloring that it required, but in 2 years I have become much more confident in my coloring skills.  I CASE'd the coloring from Michelle Boyer's card from September 2009.

Why are the words backwards you ask?  Well, I made this 8 1/2 x 11 panel for my dear friend who teaches first grade at the school my boys attend and in which I work. This is an iron-on transfer for a halloween treat bag that my friend will load up with treats for her students as a Halloween gift, and then they can use it for a trick-or-treat bag.  For an iron-on transfer, words have to be backwards to come out right when ironed on.

I printed the digi image on 8 1/2 x 11 Nenah Solar White paper, and colored it with Copics.  I cut the letters with Sizzix Fun Serif alphabet dies and my trusty old Sizzix die cut machine, ran them (backwards) through my Xyron, and placed them above the colored image. The fence is cut with a Martha Stewart punch, and the green rick rak is but from a PTI die.

I am proud of the way this came out, and I am happy to know the "littles" who will receive their treat bags designed by - ME!

Thanks you again for coming by.  Still snowing here in NJ...

1 comment:

Shirley said...

Steph, it's perfect! I love the backward words and the image is really fun!