I love this new polka dot ribbon from SU in the new In Colors, so I decided to use this opportunity to play Sharon Johnson's Stamp Simply Challenge #101 - Let's Polka! and put all of these things together. The challenge is to get some polka dots in somewhere on your project, and the more, the merrier!!! Perfect!!
I Cut a 4" square piece from SU's (retired) Autumn Vine DSP and used the corner rounder on all corners. I used sticky strip to adhere the Post-It notepad to the coaster, then sanded the edges to give it a distressed look. I covered a binder clip with a strip of SU's Cast-a-Spell DSP and added the SU polka dot grosgrain ribbons to it.
My favorite part of this project is the little oval detail on the left of the clip.
I came across a post on a blog (so sorry again. I have to find out where i saw this and I will post it. I think it was Cindy Lawrence's blog...) about using Copics to color directly on to an image, then spritz it with alcohol and stamp. I tried this using the acorn from SU's (retired) Dotted Autumn set using a variety of browns and greens. I stamped it on Buttercream cardstock from Taylored Expressions, cut it out with Nestabilities and added a scalloped background piece. I LOVE the way that technique worked, and I want to experiment with it more.
Thanks for visiting! See you again soon, I hope...