Sunday, October 5, 2008

My maiden voyage into the blogging world...


Well, I have finally taken the plunge and started a blog to journal my passion for stamping and paper crafting. I have dabbled in the stamping world just a little over a number of years. My passion for this craft though, was really ignited by my friend Lucian, artiste extraordinaire, SU demo and all around wonderful person. Since I started going to her workshops, my interest spiraled into a stamping frenzy! I found SCS and began to explore the blog world. One thing lead to the other, and now I am a full blown stamping addict.
Many thanks to all the amazing artists, bloggers and SCS gallery posters for all of your inspiration and encouragement. So here goes...
I have found that the best way to improve as a stamping artist is to do challenges. My schedule is very tight, and I can't stamp every day. I usually treat myself to the weekly OCCC. I have to get to that one later, but this week I decided to do Beate's Weekend Sketch as well. Beate is an amazing inspiration - a well known fact in this world. This is my take on this week's sketch WSC60.
The base of the card is black. I used SU Ghostly Greetings DSP for the next layer, and put it through the Cuttlebug with the spider web embossing folder. I stamped the witch hat image from SU's Eat, Drink and Be Scary in black craft ink on white paper and embossed it with clear embossing powder. I used a sponge dauber and Pumpkin Pie ink and rubbed it over the hat image and added a bow made with black stitched grosgrain ribbon from Michaels.
The green horizontal and white vertical panels are also Ghostly Greetings DSP. The vertical panel is bordered with Basic Gray and pumpkin pie cut with a Nestabilities long rectangle die. The "Halloween" panel is stamped on white card stock with Blank ink, bordered with Pumpkin Pie and then black cut with a Nestabilities rectangle die. I used the 5-Petal Flower punch layered with orange and green Accents and Elements and finished it off with a Build-A-Brad with the spider image from Eat, Drink and Be Scary.

Hoping to post another card later... see you next time.







2 comments:

Lynda Benden said...

Congratulations Stephanie on your new blog!!! Well, I think it is awesome and so are your cards!!! You did a great job on this one as well as the most recent ones!

Unknown said...


이용이유가생기는곳 먹튀검증 안전노리터 go