Wednesday, April 24, 2024

Pawsitively Fun!



Time Out Challenges #262 has just begun, and this time it is a photo challenge. This handmade bag in the photo is both our inspiration & our prize.

Here's an enlargement of the photo for viewing the marvelous detail within. Do note that you do not need to use a dog image to play along - you can, for example only be inspired by the colors, patterns or shapes you see in the photo, including other animals. We look forward seeing your creative takes!


We are welcome Cornelia Wenokor of Stempel-Spass and winner of Time Out #258 as our Guest Designer. Cornelia is such a talented card artist with a wicked sense of humor and a great eye for design and color. Please treat your self to a visit to her blog. You are in for a real treat and a good belly laugh!

This card morphed many times to get to the final product. I wanted to use Funky Fossil stamps and stencil to showcase these funky pups. In the end I made a collage of sorts framing them in this Pretty Pink Posh die cut. The twine is in homage to Julie Ebersole with her signature knots. Where is Julie these days? I found the perfect patterned paper in my stash to go with the colors with which I stamped and stenciled. I was quite pleased in the end, even though it took me forever to finish this one!

Please head over to the Time Out Challenge Blog to see what Cornelia and the Design Team have created to inspire you. Think about the photo, and see how it inspires you. Then grab some supplies and start creating. I can't wait to see your project in the gallery.

Remember, we allow links to a total of 5 challenges including ours. We also need you to tell us in your post, how you were inspired by the quote. Check out the rules in "how to play" on the sidebar of the challenge blog. See you in the gallery!

Project Details
Stamps/DiesFunky Fossil Furry Friends Stamp Set
Funky Fossil Pawsome Heart Stencil
Pretty Pink Posh Storybook 1 Die
Cardstock   110lb. Neenah Solar Crest
80lb. Neenah Solar Crest
80lb Neeneh Desert Storm
Essentila by Ellen Ebony Black
BasicGrey Max & WhiskersPaper Pad
 InkMemento Tuxedo Black
Copic markers
Distress Oxide Speckled Egg, Iced Spruce
VersaMark
EmbellishmentsLawn Fawn Twine
OtherWOW Clear Embossing Powder
WOW Dual Speed Heat Tool
Spellbinders Platinum Plus Die Cutting &
Embossing Machine
Scor-Pal Score Board
Fiskars 12" SureCut Deluxe Craft Paper Trimmer
MISTI Stamping Tool
Waffle Flower Sticky Mat
My Sweet Petunia Precision Glue Press
SU Dimensionals

I'm also playing at:


8 comments:

Greta said...

Oh my goodness--what a wonderful card, Stephanie! I adore everything about this!

I Card Everyone said...

Me thinks, going by the looks on their faces, that brown pup number 3 did a number 2? HA! Oh, goodness, Stephanie this is such a hoot! SOOOO fun!
=]

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Perfect interpretation of the challenge picture! Thanks for having me as GDT!

Kate said...

Fabulous Stephanie! How cute are these images and I adore the stencilled background and the layout! Perfect bit of twine too! Hugs, Kate!

Nancy said...

What a fabulous card, Stephanie! I love those doggos!

Helen said...

Your card certainly is pawsitively fun Stephanie!! Such a clever design and choice of colours! I love those fun pups with their paw print background!! I hope you have a lovely week! :)

Lisa Elton said...

How much FUN is this card! Love the plaid, love the layers, love the twine and I love the looks on all of their faces!

Rachelle Oltean said...

This is such a fun card! I love everything about it from the framed pooches to the masculine color palette! It’s fantastic! Thanks so much for sharing it with us at Krafty Chicks Challenge this week!