Thursday, January 4, 2024

Hello!

 


Hello! Hello! Hello! from the newest Design Team Member at Just Us Girls Challenge - ME! I am so excited to join this group of incredibly talented crafters in designing projects to inspire our wonderful players.

Please note that there are a few changes with the challenge logistics including the start and end day. You can read all about it HERE.

We begin our 2024 challenges with Color Week where the colors are teal, navy and green. We are joined by the lovely and talented Stef Perry of Perry Papercrafts as our January Guest Designer. You are probably already acquainted with Stef's work, but if you are not, you are in for a real treat! Well, you are in for a real treat, no matter what!

When I saw the colors for this challenge, I immediately thought of Stampin' Up's Urban Garden Designer Series Paper Pack I have had in my stash for years. I cut strips from these papers and from Taken With Teal solid cardstock in various widths and used Stick It to adhere the strips to a piece of white cardstock. I adhered the strip panel to a white card base. added the Waffle Flower sentiment die cut and my card was complete.

Please head on over to the Just Us Girls Challenge Blog to see the wonderful creations Stef and the Design Team has come up with to inspire you. Please join us in using this wonderful color combination for your project and join us in the gallery. I can't wait to see what you create!

Project Details
Stamps/DiesWaffle Flower Outlined Hello Dies
Cardstock    110 lb. Neenah Solar Crest
Stampin' Up Urban Garden Designer Series Paper (retired)
 Ink
Embellishments
Other Stick It
Spellbinders Platinum Plus Die Cutting & Embossing Machine
Scor-Pal Score Board
Fiskars 12" SureCut Deluxe Craft Paper Trimmer
My Sweet Petunia Precision Glue Press
Scor-Pal Score Tape-1"

11 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

WELCOME TO THE TEAM! Awesome use of the colors. I do adore stripes and these….fabulous!!

Carol said...

Welcome Stephanie!!! So happy to have you join us! I recogonize those papers because I still have some snippets of them and wish I had a new pack. Great idea with the diagonal stripes to show off the colors and patterns! Happy New Year!

I Card Everyone said...

Stephanie, I really enjoyed playing along with JUGS in 2023 and this news makes me excited for 2024! I am SO happy you have joined this team which will make my playtime even more fun!
LOve your stripes in all these fabulous patterns/colors! That 'olive' green is more my style so I might be stealing that from your design!
Congratulations!! xx
=]

Nancy said...

Congrats on your new team and I know you will love it there. Your first card is super fun and fabulous which is what I would expect from you! Happy New Year too.

ElizStewart said...

Stephanie... WELCOME... so glad you are here! Love the piecing. I was just think about strip piecing for one of our later challenges... so effective!

Bobby said...

Somehow I missed the memo about you joining the team, Stephanie, and neglected to welcome you on my blog post. So here's a heartfelt welcome. Now we are teamies on two challenge blogs.
That paper pack was indeed perfect to make a strip card for the challenge. Love it!

Stef Perry said...

First of all, big congrats on joining the Just Us Girls design team, Stephanie! I will look forward to seeing your cards every week. When I saw your card, I was amazed to see that long retired SU dsp and it was a brilliant choice for this challenge. I just love your striped card with all the various patterns. Fabulous!

Lisa Elton said...

I'm so excited and happy to have you on the team with us, Stephanie! Your debut card is fantastic. What a great use of patterned paper!

Ina G said...

Welcome to the Family Stephanie. I do love your work and so happy you will be sharing with us every week. What a stunner as an opener. Those papers just blend perfectly eh!. Love the big hello and how you framed them in blue tones.Such a WOW factor.

Sue VanDeVusse said...

First off, welcome to JUGS! So glad you have joined our team.
Your card is fabulous with all of those strips of paper in the perfect colors and various patterns. Your big white sentiment with the teal outline was the perfect choice to keep from hiding that awesome background.

cm said...

Welcome to the team, Stephanie! You've designed a marvelous debut card with your strips of patterned paper. An eye-catching background for your teal-backed hello!
hugs~carol