Tuesday, December 5, 2023

Let Your Heart Sparkle




This card was born when I saw the latest Color Hues Challenge, AND when I saw THIS card and the gorgeous holographic cardstock it was made with. I had to have the cardstock, and I had to CASE SusanB's card. Instead of a snowflake background, I used Sizzix Christmas Tree Pattern 3D Embossing Folder. I applied Silver ink to the flat side of the Embossing folder before running it through my die cutting/embossing machine to add some silver to the paper. It is hard to see because the paper is very shimmery and did not take a lot of the ink, but I still love the way it looks. I (Glimmer) foiled many sentiments yesterday with silver foil, and now I have a bunch to use! I thought this one was perfect for this card. I know I will be making many versions of it. I bought 20 sheets of this White Lava Holographic Cardstock from Your Paper Insider. Check out their story and their wonderful products. Best Customer Service EVER!

Project Details
Stamps/DiesSSS Bliss Snowflake Die
CZ Design Merry & Bright Die
Pink & Main Sentiment Strip Die
Cardstock    110lb. Neenah Solar Crest
SSS Matte Silver Cardstock
American Crafts Glitter 6x6 Paper Pad 
SU Regal Rose
 InkDelicata Silvery Shimmer Pigment Ink
Embellishments Pinkfresh Silver Metallic Pearl
Other Glimmer Hot Foil System & Silver Hot Foil
Sizzix 3D Textured Impressions Christmas Tree Pattern EF
Spellbinders Platinum Plus Die Cutting & Embossing Machine
Scor-Pal Score Board
Fiskars 12" SureCut Deluxe Craft Paper Trimmer
Bearly Art Precision Glue
Score Tape 1"


I'm also playing at:




9 comments:

Jaydee said...

Love that sentiment with that gorgeous background. The pink snowflake is the perfect way to add color and anchor your sentiment. Everytime I look at that background I see something different! Reminds me of a holographic brooch I had back in the good old days. I was fascinated with that, too. :-). Using the mirror card stock adds to that sparkle and shine! So glad you shared this beauty with us at the Paper Players this week, Stephanie!~
hugs
jaydee

Nancy said...

This is so pretty, Steph! The background looks incredible and not only do the trees look fabulous, when I look at it I see a blizzard of swirls that look like a windy snowstorm. I hope that makes sense. Great sentiment too! Thanks for making my colors look so good at Color Hues. Hope you have a wonderful Holiday Season!

Karen said...

I can clearly see why you had to have some of the holographic paper, and you certainly made it shine on this card. What a fabulous background for the pretty pink snowflake! Thanks for sharing with us at Color Hues!

Lisa Elton said...

Wowza, look at that shimmer and shine! I love the little tress sprinkled about in the background and the single delicate snowflake. Fabulous card, Stephanie!

JulieP said...

I have yet to try embossing an entire panel of metallic cardstock and agree, it's so beautiful!!!! I am adding it to my list after seeing your beauty. Thanks so much for playing with us at Color Hues!

I Card Everyone said...

Oh, my goodness! Such gorgeous sparkly-ness! I can only imagine how wonderful it is irl!
=]

Marina said...

Beautiful texture and so elegant in that colour combo. Thanks for joining us at Inkspirational

Ina G said...

Such a beautiful 'case' here Stephanie. This is jaw dropping gorgeous with that shimery background with the hint of pinks to blend with that stunning and oh so fine pink snowflake. Breathtaking. So looking forward to seeing more of your talents in the New Year. Merry Christmas.

Billie A said...

so pretty. Very elegant. so glad you shared over at Make my Monday