Wednesday, July 12, 2023

Seashells

 

I am a Jersey Girl, I am a beach girl. I really wanted to play this challenge at Just us Girls.

When I saw this challenge, I knew immediately that I had to play, and that I would use this NBUS cling rubber stamp set from Tim Holtz. The packaging has this awesome background that was very similar to a background that I had made a while ago - I can't even remember the technique, but I made many with it. I had the design in mind right away. I knew it would be a mini slimline. I used Prismacolor Pencils, which is not a strong suit for me. I am inspired to expand my coloring horizons by my dear friend Nonni, who is an incredible color artist. I am very pleased with the outcome, and so happy to join this JUGS challenge and use my NBUS supplies. I did not add a sentiment to the front, as it is quite busy enough. When I send it, I will figure out a sentiment for the inside.


6 comments:

Nancy said...

Hi Stephanie, What a great slimline card using your new shell stamps. The background looks like water and sand which worked out perfectly. I think your coloring looks great too. Thanks for choosing to join us at Just Us Girls this week, I appreciate that.

I Card Everyone said...

That's you: Stephanie selling seashells by the seashore at sunset! LOVE this! that set had your name written all over it, my friend! and what a gorgeous background - did the technique involve salt?
=]

Lisa Elton said...

This is a perfect take on Nancy's challenge! What a great stamp set and your coloring is fantastic! Pretty card, Stephanie! Thanks for sharing it with us a JUGs!

Darnell said...

Oh, my gosh, Stephanie, that background is spectacular for your awesome seashell slimline design! You must be so delighted with how this turned out! Thank you for inspiring everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

Lisa Kind said...

Stephanie, this is a beautiful card! I love that background (and can relate to not remembering how it was done...been there done that!) What a great find in an image for this challenge, too. Thanks for playing with Just Us Girls!

Leanne said...

Great card, love the shells and the color is perfect for this challenge, so happy you played our Sea Life Challenge at Cupcake Inspirations Challenge. Have a great day!
Cheers, Leanne DT Member/CIC
Cupcake Inspirations