Monday, November 28, 2022

Merry Warm & Cozy Christmas

 


Today I kept going back and forth between decorating (in a minimalist way) and card making. I was fishing in my Christmas stash and spending way too much time looking at things and putting things away, when I found this awesome snippet - the heat embossed, inked and die cut "merry" above, and the juices started flowing. The simplest card took me forever, but that's OK. I really like the way it turned out. The current Alphabet Challenge is "Q is for Quilt", and that inspired me to take out my NBUS Sparkling Diamonds Cutting Die which is so reminiscent of a quilt pattern. Topped it with my wonderful snippet, foiled a sentiment and popped that up, added some bling and my card was complete.

Supplies Used:
Ink - None
Paper - Gina K Pure Luxury Red Velvet Heavy Base Weight card stock;  Hammermill 100# Premium Copy Cover card stock
Other - PinkFresh Studio Sparkling Diamonds Stand Alone Cuts; Concord & 9th Merry Die; Kaiser adhesive backed Rhinestones; Spellbinders Glimmer Hot Foil System; Spellbinders Glitter Wishes Hot Foil Plates and cutting die; Glimmer Red hot foil; foam tape.

I'm also playing at:

Top row across - December Holiday, Use a Die, Embellishment

Krafty Chicks Challenge #639 - All Occasions

My NBUS is the PinkFresh Studio Sparkling Diamonds Cover Plate

10 comments:

meg said...

Your diecut sentiment looks fabulous against the quilted background,thank you for joining in at the Alphabet Challenge

Lisa Elton said...

This is delightful, Stephanie!

I Card Everyone said...

I adore white on white detailed quilting, Stephanie - you were spot on pulling that die out for your die-cut Merry and cozy greeting!
Perfection!
=]

Carol said...

I love all the texture and pattern in your card! I have seen that background die recently and just love it! So glad you joined the Tic Tac Toe challenge this week!

dj said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Helen said...

Love your background and that embossed word.

Thanks for joining us at the Krafty Chicks Challenge.

Helen x
GDT

Stef Perry said...

Your sentiment "snippet" is absolutely gorgeous and deserved its starring role on your pretty CAS card, Stephanie! Love that background too. Thanks so much for joining us this week at the Tic Tac Toe Challenge!

Stef Perry said...

...and thanks for joining the Sunday Stamps Challenge as well! ;-)

Heather said...

Just stunning, Stephanie! Love that die background, beautiful and perfect for setting off your awesome sentiment! What great paper to use for that! Thanks so much for playing at Sunday Stamps!

stampwithamyk said...

So cute! Love the clean design and the stitched look background is fantastic! Thanks for joining us at Sunday Stamps, hope to see you again soon!