Friday, November 12, 2021

Bright & Merry


It's time for a new challenge at Festive Friday where every challenge is an inspiration list based on a selected holiday/festivity from the traditional to the unusual. Challenge projects must include at least three items from the festivity inspiration list.


Today's festivities are inspired by National Cookie Day, which takes place on December 4th. The challenge runs from November 12th - November 22nd.

I like to create a card for our challenge that goes with the celebration theme. This time I decided to go with a shaker card. I used the gingerbread house and cookie from my never-before-used Hero Arts In For The Holidays stamp and die sets, which put me in mind of holiday cookie baking. I created my shaker window with Pretty Pink Posh's Hi Shaker Die cut from white glitter paper and inlaid on a piece of Real Red card stock that I had stamped tone on tone with Hero Arts Holiday Florals Bold Prints. I mounted the red panel on a kraft card base, heat embossed the sentiment, added a bit of twine and my card was complete.

I used cookie, brown, texture, shaker and frame from the inspo list.

Come play with us! Remember that your project does not have to go with the challenge theme. You can just use 3 or more items from the inspo list for your creation!

For more inspiration, be sure to visit the rest of the Festive Friday Challenge Design team.

8 comments:

Melva Peters said...

Wow! Love your card

Lisa Elton said...

What a cute shaker, Stephanie! Love that little gingerbread house!

I Card Everyone said...

Right off the bat I had to come in for a closeup of that gorgeous background stamp - loving that tone on tone beauty! The gingerbread house IS adorable - I can just imagine my grands with cookies covered with this much yumminess of the edible kind!
=]

Darnell said...

What could be more festive than a shaker card design for Christmas?! This is really bright and merry, Stephanie. I love all the shaker elements and the gingerbread man and house embellies!! Thank you for sharing with everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

Sharon Hashimoto Burkert said...

Once again you have the perfect image! Super cute card and I love that it is a shaker card.

Leanne said...

Such a great card, I like the image and colored wonderful I must add, and the layout, great job with the dies and the rhinestones, thanks for playing our challenge at Krafty Chicks Challenge. Have a great day!

Leanne DT/KCC
Krafty Chicks Challenge

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Stephanie I'm a sucker for a fun shaker card and this one, along with the gingerbread house accent, is adorable! You even have colour co-ordinated candy cane sequins! Way to go!!

Ann Schach said...

A wonderful holiday card, Stephanie! The colors are so rich. The candy canes are so cute amongst the sequins. And that gingerbread house...it's adorable and colored to perfection!