Friday, April 16, 2021

Let's Taco 'bout it

 


It's time for a new challenge at Festive Friday where every challenge is an inspiration list based on a selected holiday/festivity from the traditional to the unusual. Challenge projects must include at least three items from the festivity inspiration list.


Since the Inspiration List is a mix of elements related to the festivity, the creator has the choice to make something for that festivity, or to ignore the festivity all together and create something using just the three (or more) elements selected.

Today's festivities are in celebration of World Laughter Day, which is celebrated on May 2nd. The challenge runs from April 16 - April 26.

I like to create a card for our challenge that goes with the celebration. For my World Laughter Day-themed card, I ran a white panel through my Cuttlebug with the CUTplorations Circles All Over Cover Plate to add interest to my background. I stamped the taco image from Paper Smooches Calorie Free stamps and colored it with Copics. I then die cut the taco image with the matching die. I popped it up inside a Lawn Fawn Reverse Stitched Scalloped Circle Window. I used puns, yellow and red from the inspo list.

Please get your funny bone working and join us in our Challenge.

For more inspiration, be sure to visit the rest of the  Festive Friday Challenge Design team.

I'm also playing at:


I'm also playing at:

6 comments:

Sharon Hashimoto Burkert said...

Love the Taco! The eyes just cracked me up! You always seem to find the perfect stamp set to use for every challenge!

I Card Everyone said...

Let's taco 'bout how adorable this card is!! Googly-eyes and all! Oh man, I think I've had a taco that was looking back at me, and kept the conversation going all night!

Hey!! We've been shopping together again - I just got this cover plate! xx
=]

Beth McCullough said...

Love your sweet Taco card, Stephanie!! :)

Ann Schach said...

This has to be the cutest taco ever! The eyes are a hoot. What a perfect card for our challenge!

JulieP said...

I absolutely LOVE everything about this card! The bold colors, the googly eyes and of course, the taco. Thanks so much for playing with us at the CC&S challenge blog!

Vicky Hayes said...

What a brilliant card this is Stephanie! Who knew a taco could look so human?! I don't think I'll ever feel the same about eating one... The pun and the expression on the tacos face really made me smile. Thank you for sharing your card with us at CAS Colours and Sketches this week. Vicky x