Sunday, March 22, 2020

Thinking Of You


I made this card yesterday and it raised my spirits. It was a glorious day, and being outside for some much needed sunshine and movement was a wonderful thing.
I've decided to take time every day to make something, and to use supplies that have been sleeping in my stash for far too long. In "normal" times when I am working, I have little time to do other challenges than those for which I design. So I am going to try to expand my making during these not at all normal times! 

Yesterday, I went back in the way-back and pulled out this wonderful WPlus9 set from 2013 - Fresh Cut Florals. When it first came out, gorgeous creations were popping out all over and I just had to have it. Well, I bought it and never used it! So I pulled it out along with my box of PTI inks, and went to town. It took me forever to make it, but I had all the time in the world. I arranged the flowers and leaves on a panel die cut with Spellbinders Hemstitched Rectangles. Michele Ferguson made me buy these - she is such an enabler with all of her amazing creations. Now I need them in all shapes.

I am playing at:

Inspired By... hello spring



11 comments:

aussie aNNie said...

WOW Stephanie, SPRING is in the air and it shows in this most gorgeous card, thanks for entering our fabulous challenge and good luck in the draw and hope you join us again.
{aNNie Designer for Double D challenges

Darlene said...

Oh Steph I just LOVE what you've done here! All the white space makes your beautiful floral cluster really POP! Great job! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Spring’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.
Darlene
DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Please stop in for a visit!

Handmade by Natty said...

Oh, one of my all-time favourite WPlus9 stamp sets - where layered stamping all began for me. Your card is stunning and you're the second person this week who has inspired me to get this stamp set out again. :D It must be fate! Thanks for playing along with the Daring Cardmakers this week!

Diane said...

WOW, a totally beautiful card!! Thank you for joining our challenge at Double D!
Diane DD DT {Nellies Nest}

I Card Everyone said...

It will be a favorite for a very long time, my friend, promise!! So I'm not one bit sorry!

What a gorgeous bouquet of beautifully colored blooms - say that a million times! This one is in my plentiful stash, too, Stephanie - it is so timeless, and wonderful!

BTW you can borrow any of the shapes I HAVE when you visit!!! Now THAT is another uplifting thought! xo
=]

Vicky Hayes said...

What a stunner of a card Stephanie! Everywhere I go I hear that people are finding joy in their crafting and I love that you are also feeling it. If one good thing comes out of this horrible situation, it will be that people have had time to do things for fun again. You made me laugh when I read that Michele had made you buy the hemstitched rectangles - bet you were kicking and screaming eh?! I adore them too but because I make A6 sized cards (being from the UK) I find most of the decorative nesting rectangle dies are the wrong size. Perhaps I need to branch out into other card sizes! Stay safe, Vicky x

Danni Reid said...

Wow! This screams spring and happy, such a beautiful card! Thank you for sharing with us over @ IB this week!

Dawn said...

Love it. The bright flowers against the white base are stunning. Thanks for joining in at Daring Cardmakers. xxx

Miri said...

Yes! It's the perfect time to finally use all of our neglected craft items and distract ourselves for a while.
Your card is an amazing celebration of spring with all these beautiful flowers and bright colours. Thanks for sharing it with the Daring Cardmakers!

Birgit said...

What a stunning card! It's funny, I pulled this set out the other day too and then put it back. Guess I'll be pulling it back out and giving it some much needed love after seeing your lovely inspirational card. Thanks so much for linking up to Double D's springtime challenge. Best of luck to you!

Judy Woodland said...

Beautiful card, and I love that you used some of your older supplies. We could all take a lesson here!!! Great take on the Mood Board, thanks so much for playing along with us over at the Double D Spring Challenge. Hope we see you back again soon!!
Judy~ DD DT
{Judy's Happy Place} Stop by and see me!!!!