Thursday, August 30, 2018

Start There



Time for a new challenge at Time Out. The theme for Challenge 117 is "Toes in the sand, wine in our hands. Life is good today. Let us be grateful for what makes us happy.".
You have until September 12th at 5:00 PM BST to enter.

Our sponsor is Uniko Stamps.
Challenge winner gets an in-stock stamp set of their choice.

For my card, I did a watercolor wash that resembles sand, sea and sky as my background. I applied white spatters that put me in mind of sea foam. The sentiment is all about gratitude as you awake each day and you are challenged to appreciate what you have, and to make the best of what lies ahead. I just LOVE this sentiment and to me, it fits perfectly with our challenge words.

Please head over to the Time Out Challenge Blog to see what the Design Team has created for your inspiration. I can't wait to see how you are inspired as you post your card in the gallery!

Supplies:
Stamps~Impression Obsession Start There
Ink~VersaFine Onyx Black ink
Papers-Tim Holtz Distress Watercolor Cardstock, Hero Arts Pool Mix Layering Papers
Accessories-Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist, Mister Huey's Opaque White Color Mist, Avery Elle Wonky Stitches Die


I'm also playing at:



Use stamps on your project. No digital images allowed.

11 comments:

Gerrina said...

What a great background to let the text shine! Hugs, Gerrina

Anita in France said...

That's a lovely beachy background, Stephanie ... put me in mind of a day at the ocean before I even read your post! Love the quote ... yep, each day is fresh and new and ready for us to use it for good things ... fabulous! Hugs, Anita :)

Joyce said...

Gorgeous card, Stephanie. I really love the background you created, and that quote is fantastic.

Jenny Colacicco said...

Wow Stephanie I adore this !! What a wonderful sentiment you're right ! Jenny x

Marlena M. said...

Beautiful background and sentiment Stephanie~

Jill V said...

We have to stop calling each other before we make our cards lol! Seriously, I can't believe we both made sand and sea cards this week - even though they are quite different. I love your soft background - so perfect with that wonderful sentiment! Great card :)

Esther Asbury said...

I love the background you created for your clean and simple card! So pretty!
I'd love for you to link this up to the Cropstop blog where it's always "Anything Goes" as long as you use a product or two from one of the companies they carry in the store. (You did!)
Current party here: https://cropstop.blogspot.com/2018/09/september-link-party-43.html

Created by Kath said...

Great background for a great saying! Thanks for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday Challenges!

Helen said...

What a beautiful sentiment, Stephanie! Your wonderful background sets if off perfectly to make a stunning and truly inspirational card! Thanks so much for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week.

debby4000 said...

Fabulous card, love the colour combo and the encouraging sentiment.
Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
luv
Debby

Andrea Ockey Parr said...

Ah-ha!! I have this exact same stamp, so I absolutely loved seeing how beautifully you displayed it! We must be Stamp Soul Sisters (ha, ha). I really do adore the soft ombre blending that you did and how it pairs with that wonky stitched border. It is elegant and hopeful and happy and I'm so glad you shared it with us for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!