Thursday, August 23, 2018

Shine Brightly



Time for a reminder of the current challenge at Time Out. For Challenge #116, we challenge you to be BRIGHT.
You have until Aught 30th at 5:00 PM BST to enter.

Our sponsor is Happy Little Stampers.


Winner will receive a $20 gift voucher to the Happy Little Stampers Shop.

Our Guest Designer for this challenge is Anila Dikay of Novel Ideas Anila is a very talented  cardmaker with an eclectic style. Take a stroll through her blog. You are sure to be inspired.

The thing that I like most about my challenge card is the word "brightly" and how it came to be. The stamp set I used had the word "bright", but not "brightly". I am a certified grammar freak. I needed the word "brightly" for my sentiment. "Bright" would have been gramatically incorrect (in US English), so I set up the word "bright" on my large MISTI tool, and the word "family" on my small MISTI. I masked and moved the stamps around and stamped on scrap until I had it perfectly set to stamp the word "brightly" in 2 steps using 2 MISTI tools. That may seem a little crazy, but it had to be. It's how I roll. LOL!

This card will be going to my son who just started his Freshman Year of college. He is an awesome human being, and I am so excited for him. I know he will shine brightly as he continues his journey!

Please head over to the Time Out Challenge Blog to see what Anila and the Design Team have created for your inspiration. Then create a food/drink themed card and link up in the gallery. I can't wait to see how you are inspired!

Supplies:
Stamps - Winnie and Walter The Big, The Bold and Fun.
Ink - Various Distress Inks, Tsukineko Metallic Silver Shimmer Delicata.
Paper - SU Daffodil Delight, Neenah Solar White 80#, black scraps, blue glitter paper scrap.
Accessories - Winnie and Walter The Big, The Bold and Fun Cutaways, Avery Elle Wonky Stitches die, The Crafter's Workshop Mini Party Lights stencil.

I'm also playing at:


Inspired By Challenge - Rustic Summer
The lanterns on my card put me in mind of a lovely outdoor summer party.

For my son who just started his freshman year of college.

11 comments:

sandie said...

super creative way to make the word 'brightly'. Here you would have been fine with 'Bright'!! I love the retro feel to this card and that shiny 'shine' add the extra touch!

Gerrina said...

Sounds like you had fun making this card:) Love that you repeated the lamp and reading how you made the text! And great how the little lines nd balls give the card so much dimension! Hugs, Gerrina

Laurel said...

I really love this take on the inspiration photo! Thank you for playing at Inspired By!

Nancy Thomas said...

A very creatively designed card! Love.

Inkyfingers said...

I love the design of this card Stephanie - it is so beautifully put together. The stencilling works so well I have a big grin on my face at the thought of you being so diligent in the service of English grammar!!!
Thanks for sharing with us at ATSM, and I hope you will join us again soon.
Hugs
Carol x

Paru Mahtani said...

gorgeous card!Thanks so much for playing Paru’s Card Making challenges

LeAnne said...

Such a sweet, fun card...I love it! It shines brightly from the gallery, too!

Anita in France said...

I smiled at your comments about grammar, Stephanie ... and can so relate! What a fabulous design ... seems those light bulbs are glowing brightly right across your card ... the extended sentiment is perfect with them! Hugs, Anita :)

Macimbalo said...

Love your "light" and "bright" card - so pretty and the design is perfect! Thanks for sharing with us at ATSM!

Jill V said...

So funny - I had never thought about it but you are so right about it being "brightly" not "bright". I am going to have to be careful to whom I send my card now (because it has the same sentiment, of course!).

Your card is wonderful - and definitely made me smile with how similarly our minds worked on this challenge (again!). Hugs, Jill

Nandini said...

Very beautiful card. The background looks gorgeous. And I love the mix of colours. Great to see you at the ATSM gallery. Looking forward to seeing you again soon. Nandini, DT.