Wednesday, May 16, 2018

WWC170 Guest Designer Post - Love Letter In The Sand



I'm excited to say that I have been invited to participate as Guest Designer for Watercooler Wednesday Challenge WWC170 - Penny's Masculine "Anything Goes".

My husband and I are big beach lovers, regardless of the season or the weather. I wanted to make a card for him just because, and this will fit the bill perfectly.
I recently received this Stamp Lab stamp and sentiment with an order from STAMPlorations. As I was pondering how I would use it, I came up with the perfect idea for my card. I stamped the conch shell image on watercolor paper, and used a combination of Zigs and Kuretake Gansai Tambi watercolors to color it. I LOVE the way it came out. I am not tremendously fearless with   watercoloring. I have to admit that this one boosted my confidence a bit.

Anyway, please head over to the Watercooler Wednesday Challenge Blog to see what the lovely and talented Design Team has come up with to inspire you, create a card and join us in the gallery.

I'm also playing at:


9 comments:

Penny Hanuszak said...

Welcome to Watercooler Wednesday as a Guest Artist this week. Your card is simply amazing. Your watercolouring on the shell is stellar, It almost looked like it was lit up it has such a wonderful glow to it. Thanks for sharing and happy stamping.

Donna said...

Your colors of the seashell are beautiful! I love the sentiment. Great CAS card!

ÅsaJ said...

Such a sweet card! Love your coloring of the seashell. Thanks for joining AAA Cards! Hugs Åsa

Jane said...

Beautifully crafted Stephanie. Love how you’ve captured the pearlescent look of the seashell. Thanks for playing along with the Inspired by Nature Challenge at AAA Cards

Ina G said...

Wow Stephanie what exquisite colouring you have here on that shell. Simply stunning. Nice wash in the background and super sentiment. Thanks for joining us over at HLS Watercolour Challenge.

Mac Mable said...

So eye catching, beautiful water colouring and such a fabulous card x Yes I love the beach too x

Izzy Scrap said...

Ooooh ! This is so beautiful, Stephanie ! Your watercoloring is just stunning and this shell is fabulous ! LOVE it ! Thanks for sharing.

Ksenija @Sweet Kobylkin said...

What a great colouring, Stephanie! Love white dots also and the sentiment is just fab. Thank you so much for sharing your card with us at AAA Cards Challenge. - Sweet Kobylkin
Join in our 4th Birthday Celebration at AAA Cards Challenge.

Kelly Szafron said...

Fantastic coloring of the seashell, I love the colors inside of it. Thanks for sharing your card at Happy Little Stampers Watercolour Challenge.