Wednesday, October 4, 2017

Peace



It's time for a new game at Happy Little Stampers Christmas Challenge. As usual, it's all Christmas all of the time with a twist. This time, the twist is to to include a "Silhouette" in your project. 

This crazy world in which we live is crying for peace and I feel compelled to use that theme frequently for my cards. I used my "Tree Silhouette" wood-mounted stamp from Memory Box - one of my most favorite stamps. It always evokes thoughts of cool, quiet, peaceful, snowy terrain. 

I inked up an acrylic block with Distress Oxide Inks in 3 shades of blue, spritzed the block with water, and then smooshed a piece of Bristol paper onto the block and twisted it a little. I then sprayed it with shimmer mist. The word "peace" is die cut from black glitter paper, and "on earth" was stamped with VersaFine Onyx Black ink. The smooshed panel is raised with foam tape and mounted on a panel of white linen paper, which is mounted on Neenah Solar White  110 lb card stock.

Please head over to the Happy Little Stampers October Christmas Challenge and see what the awesome Design Team has created for your inspiration. Christmas is not far off, so craft something Christmas-y and play with us.

I'm also playing at:

Use your favorite stamp(s), Ink, Paper
My favs - Memory Box Tree Silhouette Stamp and DOX Inks.

Memory Box Tree Silhouette Stamp

"peace"


11 comments:

Nancy said...

Such a beautiful scene you have created Stephanie. Love the peace word die in glittery black too! Thanks for being in our gallery this week at Just Us Girls.....I really enjoyed your card!

Nonni said...

This is truly beautiful, so serene and soothing, no wonder you love that stamp! Great use of sentiment die combined with stamped sentiment too and I love your color scheme -blue is my favorite! :)

Ina G said...

Oh YES! this card is truly beautiful. That night sky is amazing and what a fabulous stamp you have used. I can see why it is a favourite. Love your big 'peace' die. Simply stunning Stephanie.

Jane said...

Super card with a wonderful message. Love that tree silhouette and your mix of background colours, looks amazing!

stampwithamyk said...

Wow, just beautiful! I love your background panel and the winter scene that you've created is just perfect. Thanks for joining us at Stamp Ink Paper, hope to see you again soon!

Lin said...

The blues and greens in your background are wonderful, Stephanie! What a lovely Christmas card - thanks for playing along with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

Inkyfingers said...

I do so agree that peace would be the best Christmas gift ever Stephanie and your beautiful scene really gives a peaceful mood. Fabulous background technique and I can see why that beautiful stamp is a favourite.
Hugs
Carol x

BożenA said...

Beautiful to the back, Stephanie! I love the diagonal streaking of the background, it looks very interesting in combination with stamped image. And I love the contrast of your background with the white card base. Stunning!
Hugs,
BozenA

AO Creations said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at TMCC, good luck!!! Amy DT

Carol L said...

The blue background colors you chose are so soothing and serene, and I love the stitched edges. The scene you created is lovely, and I agree we could all use more peace in the world we live in. I'm ever hopeful.

LeAnne said...

This is stunning...I wish I could get my watercolor backgrounds to look like this! Love the tree silhouettes and that big, bold sentiment! Just a lovely creation all round! So glad you shared this with us this week at Stamp Ink Paper!