Friday, June 30, 2017

An Ocean Of Thanks


I am honored to be Guest Designer at Happy Little Stampers July Watercolor ChallengeHappy Little Stampers July Watercolor Challenge which is:


My card has lots of colors, but it is an ocean scene, hence the blue. All of the elements are from the Hero Arts May 2017 Card Kit. I am in a mermaid state of mind these days, and I love this kit. So many wonderful images, dies, papers, inks, embellishments, etc. 

The background of the shaker is made with iridescent turquois silk liquid ink dropped on wet watercolor paper. The effect is awesome! The swirl tissue placed on top of it mutes the intensity of the background a bit, but I love the way it looks. I cut the coral and sea ferns from watercolored snippets. The rest of the images are watercolored with Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers.

Please head over to the Happy Little Stampers Watercolor Challenge Blog and see what the Design Team has created for your inspiration. Grab your favorite watercolor medium(s) and create something fabulous for the HLS July Watercolor Challenge!

I am also playing at:



7 comments:

Jenny Colacicco said...

Stephanie this is so gorgeous. You beat me to the kit break out !! And wow it's beautiful. That mermaid is so prettily colored and you've inspired me to break out that ink in the bottle - I've been staring at it so long. I think you did this kit total justice. Simply gorgeous. Awesome guest designer so glad you could join us!! Jenny xxx

Nancy Penir said...

Lovely card, Stephanie! Beautiful watery bg for your gorgeous mermaid. So glad you could join us at HLS Watercolor Challenge!

Michelle said...

Gorgeous, Stephanie! I love the dreamy ocean background and your lovely mermaid scene. :-)

Lin said...

How pretty, Stephanie! Love that you made this into a shaker card! Thanks for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

Kylie said...

Fantastic ocean scene! I love all the little die cuts surrounding your shaker element. Thanks for guesting with us at Happy Little Stampers xx

Julia Aston said...

I love your cut out and pretty ocean theme die cuts popped on the edges of the 'ocean'!

Marjeta said...

Love your beautiful card. Gorgeous design.

Marjeta