Saturday, May 2, 2015

Happy Hydrangea Mother's Day





I love hydrangeas, as does my mother.  Mother's day is next Sunday here in the US, so it's time to make mom a card. I have had this Happy Hydrangea set from PTI for a long time, and I have never shown it any ink.  In an effort of trying to use some of my stash that has been neglected, I checked out this week's Shopping Our Stash Challenge. This week's challenge is "Opposite Day" - to make something that's opposite your usual style.  So I pulled out my Happy Hydrangea set, and some PTI inks and went to work.  I used this week's Freshly Made Sketch #184 for the layout of my card.  I have been leaning toward Clean & Simple for quite a while - I don't use a lot of layers.  This card has 5  layers, and through it is still rather CAS, that number of layers are not my usual.

After stamping the hydrangea panel, I added a little Platinum Stickles to give my hydrangeas a little sparkle.  Not sure that I love the different sizes of stitching on the rectangle vs the fishtail die cuts,   but I decided to leave them as is and call it a card.


The Pink Elephant Challenge this week is Anything Goes, so I am posting this card to their gallery as well.

Thanks so much for stopping in today. Have a great one!

6 comments:

cm said...

Your hydrangeas are gorgeous, Stephanie; the stickles are a lovely added touch. The difference in the stitches isn't something I noticed, so my view: lovely as is! Your mom will adore this, as do I. Need to get working on my Mom's day cards!
Hugs~c

Karren said...

This is a beautiful Mother's Day card - the hydrangea panel is gorgeous! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Chana Malkah said...

Very pretty card! Thanks so much for accepting the challenge at Shopping Our Stash!
Hugz,
Chana, DT

Donna said...

Ohhhh Stephanie this is soooooo pretty!!! Thanks for playing along with the SHOPPING OUR STASH crew this week for our "Opposite Day" challenge!

Kim S said...

Your strip of flowers stands out beautifully on this clean card!! The sparkle is a nice celebratory touch. Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Kara Lynne said...

Beautiful hydrangeas! I love your colors and what a great design using that sketch!