Sunday, April 26, 2015

There's a Hole in my Card Dear Liza, Dear Liza...




Good Sunday morning! It's time for another challenge over at AAA Cards!
This week is a really fun one with so many possibilities!
Create a card with an opening somewhere.
Have fun and keep it CAS,  then head on over to the AAA Cards blog and link up your creation!

Here is my Take:

I have had little to no creating time in the past couple of weeks, but I promised myself that when I can, I will try a technique or two that are new to me. This fun suspended spinner card was inspired by THIS video by Kristina Werner that I ran across as I was pondering this "hole in my card" challenge. Perfect! I love the idea of twisting the suspended die cut several times before putting it in the envelope so that the recipient will get a fun spinning surprise when they open it!

The embossing folder that I used for the top panel has been in my stash for a long while and I have not used it yet, so I am sending this over to Shopping Our Stash #198 - Texture Me - use your oldest embossing supply.

Thanks so much for stopping by today. As always, I appreciate your feedback.

12 comments:

Jane said...

Oh that's a clever idea, love it!

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Sheer, clever elegance Stephanie.
Love your take on the hole in the card.
Great fun card. Sarah x

Vicki Dutcher said...

Lovely card - great bfly

Jenny said...

oooo this looks like a fun challenge :) Love your take on it Steph, such a pretty butterfly to place in the aperture :)
Jenny x

Chana Malkah said...

Very nicely done! Thanks for playing along with us at Shopping Our Stash!
Hugz,
Chana, DT

Victoria Lavender said...

That is SO FUN! It's a great idea and yours is so pretty as a butterfly. The gold sentiment looks really good!
Hugs, Victoria

Susan Powell said...

So clever and cute too!! Love i!!

Linda Beeson said...

It is so cute that you added that extra element to the "hole" challenge.

lauren bergold said...

oh wow! how cool is that?! what a beautiful CAS card and such a great combination of white and color... with lovely texture, as well! thanks for SHOPPING YOUR STASH with us this week! :)

Donna said...

Lovely lovely! The hole in your card really exentuates the pretty butterfly! Thanks so much for sharing and for playing along with the SHOPPING OUR STASH crew for our "Texture Me" challenge!

Joyce said...

Very very cool card. I love the idea of a spinning butterfly, and don't think I have ever seen a card like that.

cm said...

So thrilled to see another gorgeous creation from you; a butterfly, a la spinner style! You've amped up the swooning in a major way with that added feature! Of course, the wood grain background (I have a similar folder...it needs some attention) and the lovely gold thanks are the perfect accessories. Stunning card, my friend!
hugs~c