Sunday, August 28, 2011

Tuesday Trigger Invitation


I live in Northeastern US in NJ, about 40 miles from the coast.  Irene has been here and gone.  It was quite nerve wracking awiting her arrival.  We were very lucky to have had no damage, and we kept our power.  My beloved shoreline is devastated though.  I hope to be able to get to the shore tomorrow.  In the meantime, the winds are still high, so we have to wait to put our deck back in order.  Until then I am getting some crafting in before I return to work on  Tuesday.   I have been very inspired lately by the Moxie Fab World blog hosted by Cath Edvalson.  I decided to play the Tuesday Trigger : Girly & Gutsy challenge, which closes today. Here is the inspiration photo:

Isn't it just fab?? When I saw this, PTI's new Table Service set immediately came to mind.  I love these colors, and I enjoyed putting this card together.  For the background, I CASE'd an idea from THIS post on Nichole Heady's blog. I stamped the Chrysanthemum from PTI's Year of Flowers Collection on white card stock, then I outlined the flowers with a C1 Copic marker.  I love the way this looks. 

I am going to try to do at least one more challenge today.  I hope wherever you are, so are safe and dry and enjoying this day.  Thank you for stopping by.

4 comments:

Jenny said...

Oh so good to hear your safe and well Stephanie, I can't imagine what a scary time it must have been for you all.
Superb card, love the place setting...just right for an invitation and i can see how the photo inspired you :)
Jenny x

JJ Bolton said...

What a beautiful card! Love that little napkin:) Glad to hear that you fared well through the hurricane. I live further down the shore (VA), and I agree it was nervewracking!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Stephanie! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

Jingle said...

This is so cute! What a fun design!