Thursday, August 11, 2011

CR84FN35 Thank You


 This is my take on CR84FN35 - Lavender, Celery and Gray.


I have fallen in love with the Acrylic Block Stamping technique.  You can read more about it HERE.  The base of my card is Basic Gray.  I scribbled with an Old Olive watercolor crayon on an acrylic block, misted it, and pressed it on to watercolor paper. I then stamped the butterfly image from PTI's Happy Trails on the matching die cut with Lavender Lace ink, added some tiny self adhesive pearls, and adhered it with Dimensionals.  I sprayed the watercolor paper with Iridescent Gold Glimmer Mist for some sheen.  The sentiment from PTI's Signature Greetings is stamped with Versa Fine Onyx Black. Simple as that! I really like the way this turned out.  Thanks for stopping in and thank you for your wonderful comments.

6 comments:

Arlene said...

Stephanie, this is beautiful. Love the simplicity of it.

Mona Pendleton said...

So sweet Stephanie! Love the butterfly fluttering about! Thanks for joining along with CR84FN :)

Deborah Frings said...

I really like this - the watercolour effect on the backing and the very pretty butterfly - just lovely! Thanks for playing along with CR84FN!

Marie said...

There is beauty in simplicity and this card fits the bill.

Jenny said...

Another great version of your favourite technique and the colours work well for your design :)
I think the LIM challenge was made for you this week! Did you suggest it to Chrissie???
Jenny x

Luci said...

I am loving your acrylic block stamping - each background is so unique - and the glimmer mist! What a great way to add some glam to a simple card!