Sunday, May 3, 2009

Birthday Wishes

I have been the recipient of many kindnesses lately, and I have many cards that I want to make and send. It's also time for holidays, graduations and lots of birthdays... I found a new challenge this morning and I immediately knew what I would do with it. I happened upon Amy Rysav's wonderful blog today : Prairie Paper & Ink. Amy has Friday sketches. You can find this week's sketch details HERE. I just got some new papers from SU, and I immediately thought of it for this sketch. I really like how it came out. The base of the card is Kiwi Kiss topped with a layer of Good Morning Sunshine DSP that I sponged around the edges with Chocolate Chip ink. The side panel is Chocolate Chip topped with a layer of More Mustard that is embossed with a Cuttlebug EF. I punched three 1 1/4" circles from Good Morning Sunshine DSP and one from white card stock and mounted them on four 1 3/8" circles punched from Pacific Point card stock. The sentiment is from Verve's Circular Sayings stamped and sponged with Chocolate Chip ink. I used a piece of Kiwi Kiss striped grosgrain ribbon as an embellishment on the bottom right. It is simple, and easy. Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: