Thursday, June 15, 2023

Hello From My Happy Place

 


I finally got a chance to break out this fabulous Spellbinders Day At The Beach die set that I have had for quite a while. Recently I ran across Gina K's Ocean Minded set and had to have it, so I broke my "no new stuff" pledge (this is becoming more and more common) LOL. I could not wait to put them together. There are 2 things I would change - the brim of the hat should be solid so that the "hello" would be more easily visible, and the second is that I had to heat emboss twice because I didn't wait long enough for the DOX ink to dry. The second stamping was off a little, but that is how the ocean looks, right?? I still love it and I can't wait to give this one a second go. I now know all the tricks of putting it together.

I'm playing at:



All Stamps/Dies


Turquoise, red & yellow

Turquoise, red & yellow



Project Details
Stamps/DiesSpellbinders Day At The Beach Die Set
Gina K Ocean Minded Stamp Set
Cardstock    110lb. Neenah Solar White
80lb. Neenah Solar Crest
Various Gina K, SU, Mirror Cardstock and Patterned Papers
 InkVersaMark, DOX inks
Embellishments
Other Brutus Monroe Alabaster
Spellbinders Platinum Plus Die Cutting & Embossing Machine
Scor-Pal Score Board
Fiskars 12" SureCut Deluxe Craft Paper Trimmer
MISTI Stamping Tool
Bearly Art Precision Glue
Scor-Pal Score Tape-1"
3M foam tape

12 comments:

TK said...

Truly a happy place! You've made a wonderful card scene, and definitely where we all want to be, sending our hellos. Thank you for sharing over at JUGs

I Card Everyone said...

Exactly how the ocean AND the Lake looks, Stephanie!
LOve your bathing beauty's bathing 'costume!' What a scene you've created today! Every inch of it is wonderful!
=]

!neke said...

Great card !!!!!
groeten Ineke

Michelle said...

What a peaceful scene. I love how you used our colors. Thanks for sharing at Color Dare.

Darlene said...

Oh Steph ... how sweet is this scene! LOVE that her flip flops in her beach bag match her swim suit! SO SO adorable ... LOVE IT! I can feel those ocean breezes just looking at your awesome creation! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Four Seasons Challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back again soon.

Darlene
Co-Owner
FOUR SEASONS CHALLENGE
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

More challenge fun beginning July 7th … check it out … SIMPLY CLEAN & SIMPLE

Suzanne Reynolds said...

Oh my Stephani, what a fantastic beach scene and coloring, and lofe that you included Twisted Sister's flipflops in her beach bag... Thanks for sharing with us at Color Dare and please enter your card at Double Trouble as we are partnering with with this challenge. Your entry would give you three chances at our random draw. Hope to see you there there. https://doubletroublechallenge.blogspot.com/2023/06/Challenge-140.html

Melanie Hungerford said...

Looks like a great day at the beach, love all those details on the towel, her hat, the flip flops, and the ocean water makes me want to jump right in! Perfect card for our challenge at Double Trouble, thanks for joining us!

Lori said...

Fabulous summer scene! Thanks for joining us for this week's Color Throwdown!

Broni said...

I LOVE a beach scene! Great card, Stephanie!! Thanks for playing along at the Color Throwdown with us!!

Karen Letchworth said...

This is absolutely stunning. I love the beach scene, and I've never seen these dies before. It's really amazing and makes me want to head right to the beach. So lovely!

I'd love to have you come play along with us also at Word Art Wednesday. Our challenges are always Anything Goes/Family Friendly and we have awesome prizes from our amazing sponsors. Please come join us.
www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com

Blessings,
Karen L

Alyson Mayo said...

What a perfect beach scene! Love the bag of beach-related items, including flip flops. Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble and Colour Dare :)

Vandra said...

I love the scene you've created on this card. The water effect and hair creates movement and texture like a real beach would. Thanks for sharing with us at Colour Dare Challenge. I hope you can join us again soon.