Monday, February 6, 2023

Just A Note


I needed some music themed thank you cards for some friends who recently gave me a very special musical gift. In the process, I used the little heart note from CAS-ual Fridays to try it with this design, and I LOST it. I have looked for it for 2 days. Cleaned up my whole desk (a feat for sure) and it is nowhere to be found. SO I plan B'd and used this Treble Clef, which is fine, but the note was preferred. I am bummed. I do like the way this turned out, but am now obsessed with finding the lost note and I have run out of places to look.

Project Details
Stamps/DiesThe Greetery-Opposites Attract Stmps & Dies
CAS-ual Fridays-Treble Clef Fri Die
Cardstock    80lb. Neenah Solar Crest
Recollections 110 lb. Black Cardstock
SU Real Red
 Ink VersaFine Onyx Black
Versa Mark
Embellishments
Other Cuttlebug Sheet Music Embossing Folder
Gold EP
Spellbinders Platinum Plus
Scor-Pal Score Board
Fiskars 12" SureCut Deluxe Craft Paper Trimmer
MISTI Stamping Tool
Bearly Art Precision Glue
Scor-Pal Score Tape-1"
3M foam tape

I'm playing at:



7 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Oh, I totally feel your pain, Stephanie! I have done the same with many of those little dies from sets I loved... sometimes they show up in the oddest places!
I love your Plan B with the treble clef, the sheet music embossing and think it's a perfect way to say thanks for a musical gift - sure wish I knew what THAT was! x
=]

Lisa Elton said...

I agree with Michele, they show up in the oddest places and I sure hope yours does soon. Plan B turned out great! I like the bold red treble clef!

LeAnne said...

I saw this earlier in my feed and was hoping you'd share it here! It's delightful! I lost a stamp a long time ago....over a year...and just found it, stuck to some scrapbook papers in a plastic folder. I had totally given up! But just when I found THAT stamp, I lost another one. Hopefully it will turn up, just as yours will too! They've been known to be stuck to my elbow at times! Anyway, so happy you played with my musical challenge this week at the Players!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Stephanie this is fabulous - plan B is awesome, although I do hope that music note turns up - so frustrating when that happens! I'm also curious about the musical gift now (I know, so nosey!) Anyway love this thank you note and I'm sure it will be well received. Thanks for playing along over at The Paper Players this week!

Jaydee said...

Stephanie, I love the CAS fridays and the greetery sets - id never thought to put them together! They work beautifully, especially with the embossed background. So plan B was a winner.
Oh... the secret of the lost clear stamp!!! Been there. Done that. I have found one underneath by little guillotine when it stuck to the bottom. I've found another one stuck to the plastic folder of one of the sets I was using. I found one attached to my tape runner. So, now, Ive learned to retrace every single thing I was using when I made the card. BTW... I have 4 tiny little sentiment stamps stuck to my "new goodies" plastic bin on my desk waiting for the day I find the set they come from :-)
So glad you shared this beauty with us at the Paper Players this week
hugs
jaydee

Fran Wing said...

Hi, Stephanie! "The lost note" - I think there's a novel in there! I've found my kitties chewing on stamps and it's a bummer! They can stick to anything and I've found them months later sticking to the back of one of the CD cases I store my stamps in. Anyway, great card nevertheless!
Xoxo, Fran

Arlene said...

I totally understand the loss of a specific stamp or die and also changing a card because you can't find that one perfect item, however, this card is gorgeous! I love the treble clef Fri-Die on this card. It's totally gorgeous. So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas for our February challenge of using gold.