Sunday, July 5, 2020

You Are Amazing



The featured technique over at CAS Mix Up for July is Stencil Tracing. This is a new one to me and I wanted to give it a whirl. Basically you outline with the stencil left on your image or free hand 
outline with the stencil removed.

Funky Fossil Designs Seahorse Stencil and Mask seemed to be a great choice for this technique, plus I wanted to try layered stenciling, and the Seahorse was a good choice for that too. I began by blending Salty Ocean and Tumbled Glass DO ink on Neenah Solar white 80# Card Stock. I then placed Hero Arts Abstract Waves Stencil over the Seahorse aperture and blended Chipped Sapphire DO over top of that. I removed that stencil and laid Dylusions Small Bubbles Stencil on the Seahorse aperture and sprayed it generously with Imagine Sheer Shimmer Craft Spray. When I removed the bubbles stencil, I traced around the edges of the Seahorse with a Copic 0.2 Multiliner. I was thrilled with the way it came out. I debated whether to give my funky seahorse a googly eye, but I left it alone in the true spirit of CAS. I thought hard about what sentiment to use, and finally settled on this one from The Ton's Pyrotechnics set. I die cut the panel with a Lawn Fawn Scalloped Rectangle Stackables die, backed it with fun foam and mounted it on Gina K. Designs Base Weight Turquoise Sea Card Stock.

8 comments:

Bonnie said...

Wow! This seahorse is amazing, Stephanie! I love how you've layered the tone on tone stencils! The outline is fine and just perfect! Love that sentiment too! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up!

Jeanne H said...

A truly amazing card. I just love it...the seahorse colors and all the textures and work you put into making the card. It made me smile.

I Card Everyone said...

Stephanie, your stencils for layering were the perfect choices, and has given this sweet seahorse the most wonderful color, and dimension! LOve the bubbles... Fantastic card!
=]

Claire said...

Oh gosh, your seahorse is beautiful and so serene. Fabulous sentiment to match. Thank you for stopping by my blog and taking time to leave a comment, I really do appreciate the kindness x

nancy littrell said...

Wow..Stephanie, Love your layered stenciled seahorse and tracing, which really brought out your seahorse design. Wonderful choice of sentiment too. TFS and joining us at CAS Mix Up Stencil Challenge. Stay safe and Creative, my friend. Love and Hugs..Nancy

Loll said...

Amazing seahorse, Stephanie! LOVE the design and colours. The outlining really brings adds somethine special! Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up!

Jo said...

OMG I love the layered stencilling of this seahorse. When I first saw the icon on the CMU site, I thought this was a shaker card. This is a beauty, wow! Thanks for joining us at CAS Mix Up!

best free softwares said...

iZotope Neutron Advanced Modern-to-Neutron Three, Blend Assistant, research your song and give recommendations on track grade in seconds. View a full list of your tracks with izotope IPC plug-ins, choose a focused detail for your mix, and let the Mix Assistant concentrate for your tune find the ultimate place in less time than ever You can start with your mix. Download its latest version from pluginstorrents.com