Thursday, January 23, 2020

Joy




Time Out Challenge #153 began last week with a really fun theme. I am here to remind you that there is still time to play. The challenge is to create a project inspired by an item in your wardrobe! It can be a dress, a top, a scarf, a handbag, any item goes! It can be something current, or something you remember from the past. As an optional twist, you can add embossing (heat or dry) or texture to your project.

Our Guest Designer is Lise Mariann who is a very talented designer and who has made two fantastic cards for this challenge. Please visit her blog and check out her awesome art work!

Poppy Stamps is our generous sponsor for this challenge.


As I was putting Christmas things away and pondering what my card would be like, I decided to use this wonderful scarf (above) as my inspiration before retiring it until next December. I die cut our generous sponsor's Poinsettia Circle Frame from a green watercolored panel and "paper pieced" it with another watercolored panel and gold foil cardstock. I watercolored the holly berries with Zigs, and added white dots with a gel pen.

I loved my idea, though I must say the whole process of making this card frustrated me to no end. I decided to post it anyway, but if you look closely, you can see some dried glue blobs on the black card base, and that makes me crazy. I made a previous attempt and used Nuvo drops for the berries. There were lots of pointy blobs and a multitude of swear words uttered. It was one of those creations that took me an insane amount  of time and I wanted to cry several times, but we learn a lot from failures, so here it is. I hope your project is much more fun and satisfying. LOL.

Please hop on over to the Time Out Blog to see the wonderful creations that our Design Team came up with. I really love the idea of taking inspiration from a wardrobe piece, and my teammates have done a fantasdtic job. Come play with us!

4 comments:

sandie said...

what a gorgeous scarf and I wouldn't put it away, it deserves to be worn all year! And what a great idea to use this as your item to inspire you-love you made it a Christmas card and adore the mix of colours you used. Adding th gold for the sentiment made me smile...as it is your Xmas scarf-super card x

Joyce said...

Gorgeous card based on a gorgeous scarf. Love the way you colored that beautiful die, and added all that gold. The black background is so very dramatic.

Vicky Hayes said...

It was you that inspired me to join in with the Time Out challenge Stephanie with this gorgeous and dramatic card. The black and gold with these beautiful jewel colours are stunning. Your frustrating crafting session is SO relatable to me I can tell you!! Vicky x

Anita in France said...

So deliciously bold and dramatic, Stephanie ... the shimmer and gold is gorgeous against the black! What a fantastic take on your wonderfully festive scarf! Hugs, Anita :)