Thursday, February 2, 2017

A Friend

Time for a new Challenge at Time Out. Challenge #76 is Inspired By Words: 'Friends are connected heart to heart, distance and time can't break them apart'

Our sponsor for this challenge is CASual Fridays StampsChallenge winner will receive a $25 gift voucher to the CAS-ual Fridays store.


Jane is our Guest Designer for both the first, and the reminder post for this challenge. Take a stroll through Jane's blog, Purplejet Loves Crafts, and you are sure to be inspired!

Here is my take:


I LOVE this CAS-ual Fridays set called "Big Treble". I thought this beautiful sentiment was perfect for the inspiration. The entwined paper-pieced G clefs represent the connected hearts of friends.

Please head over to the Time Out Challenge Blog and see what the Design Team has created for your inspiration, see where it takes you, and link your creation to the gallery. I can't wait to see how the words inspire.

I am linking up to the following challenges: 





My CAS-ual Fridays Stamp Set and this Heidi Swapp peachy spray have never been used. Such a fun challenge that results in digging deep into your stash for schtuff you have not used, We all have schtuff. Lots of it! I love these challenges!! Thanks Darnell!

18 comments:

Anita in France said...

What a fabulous spritzed background, Stephanie ... love how you intertwined those delicate paper pieced treble clefs ... such a fantastic idea ... perfect with the sentiment! Hugs, Anita :)

Gerrina said...

Think this one is a beauty; love the background and how you used the 2 and the colours of them! Hugs, Gerrina

sandie said...

There is that distressed edge again-love. I have been looking at this fab design and had no idea how you did it until I read you fussy cut these-that is so skillful and with the mist around these, you chose the perfect colours x

Christina said...

Hi Stephanie, I saw your card linked over at the SSS Wednesday Challenge and have to come for a closer look. I was really drawn to the single large musical note and the beautiful sentiment. Your card is beautiful. Love your CAS. Wishing you a lovely day.

Ros Crawford said...

Hello Stephanie! Thanks so much for your lovely comment on my blog and your card is fabulous!! I love the inky BG and that big treble!

Krisha said...

AWESOME CARD!! Love every thing about it.

Nonni said...

Lovely details here! Greta use of designer paper and what a fun background! Well done!

Heidi Baks said...

Very pretty card! I love the spritzed background to fill in the white space. Thank you for joining Sunday Stamps this week.

Jasleen Kaur said...

That's a wonderful card. Love that quote.

Carol said...

Gorgeous card Stephanie. Carol x

Joyce said...

Such a beautiful card. I really love your splattering (I am always too chicken to try this) and your paper pieced interlocking G clefs.

Jill V said...

Seriously Stephanie!!! - this card is amazing - there are so many things that I love about it! The paper piecing on the treble clefs is so perfect; I am just loving the distressed edges on your cards lately (these may become your trade mark!); and that splash of mist?! - I am totally inspired.... simply amazing!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card Stephanie ! These big trebles are great and this sentiment is so true ! Love your background and your rough edges ! Great take of the inspiration words ! Thanks for sharing and for inspiring.
Izzy Scrap

Lisa Kind said...

Very cool card! I love the two clefs intertwined! So very clever and I also love the background you created! Beautiful card!

Channin Pelletier said...

This is stunning!! I love your design and those rough edges really finish it off nicely! Thank you so much for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Mandy said...

Gorgeous card Stephanie! The sentiment is lovely & the G clefs.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
Mandy xx

Darnell said...

What a great card, Stephanie! I love your design with the paper-piecing and the spray! Very, very cool with the intertwined clefs! Thank you so much for playing in my NBUS Challenge #10! I'm glad you dug deep and joined in! Hugs, Darnell

PJ said...

Your card is delightful. Love the sentiment, and the tremble clefts are such a cute "no♪e" to add. The roughed edges are nice too.
pjs-projects.blogspot.com