Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Beautiful Birthday




I came across this new-to-me challenge yesterday, and I was immediately inspired to play. The colors screamed summer flowers to me, so I pulled out a Memory Box Stencil that has been sitting in my stash for a while and inked it. I love the way it came out. But then I decided to tape the stencil down on a fresh piece of watercolor paper, spritz it with lots of water, then blot it with a paper towel. When I lifted the stencil from the paper, this gorgeous panel appeared. The contrast to the first panel is really amazing. The softness of this one is so beautiful. I love it when this kind of wonderful surprise
happens. I used Concord &
 9th's Beautiful Words stamps and Beautiful die for the sentiment. Happy Birthday (from same set) is stamped inside.

I sm also linking my card to :

Anything garden related - flower, fruits, vegetables, trees, garden tools...


Thank so much for coming by today.



SaveSave

12 comments:

Joyce said...

Stunning!!

Oh You Made Me Ink said...

Your card is so pretty! I love the flowers and color palette! Thank you for shopping your stash and joining us at Shopping Our Stash! Cyndi, DT

Mimi said...

Hi-ya... what a cool technique! I've never done that before, so thanks for the inspiration! And thank you for sharing at SOS... this is a grand garden!

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Stephanie, the colours and whole design of this is stunning! fabulous technique too! I will have to give this a go!:-)

thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
luv
Lols x x x

Gingin said...

Gorgeous card Stephanie! I love the background you created and I am definitely going to give that a try! Thank you so much for joining us this week at Stamp Ink Paper:)

Jan Clothier said...

That soft background is an absolute stunner! Such a perfect backdrop for your sentiment.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Hello Stephanie: I've heard of this fabulous technique but never attempted to do it, you just inspired me to try.
Love this soft and beautiful background you created with this stencil, it looks amazing and the beautifully die cut sentiment really stands out with this background.
Thank you for playing along with Shopping Our Stash, hope to see you again in the gallery soon.
Hugs,
Maria Rodriguez.DT

Unknown said...

Beautiful card. I just love the soft colors. Isn't it great when we happen upon a "happy accident" when crating? :) I may have to give your technique a try. Thank you for joining us at Stamp, Ink, Paper!!

cricutwhenican said...

Lovely card, I too found this challenge blog recently and decided to play along and I am excited to see what other challenges they have.

Tina's Crop Shop said...

Stephanie, your stenciled background is absolutely gorgeous! I'll have to try the misting and blotting technique. Such a soft and beautiful look! Thanks so much for joining us at Stamp, Ink, Paper this week!

stampwithsandy said...

Stephanie this is just gorgeous! What a stunning background you've created. Thanks for playing along with my challenge this week at Stamp Ink Paper!

Chana Malkah said...

WOW! This is so pretty! Before I read your text I thought I was looking at designer paper. Perfect execution and beautiful organization! Thanks so much for accepting the challenge this week at Shopping Our Stash!
Hugz,
Chana, DT