Thursday, February 18, 2016

Prayers Coming Your Way



Hello dear readers! I wanted to pass along a learning opportunity to you. Justine Hovey,  very talented paper crafter and administrator of AAA Cards Challenge Blog for which I am a DT Member, recently offered a FREE Stenciling for Card Making class on  her blog. The class is "over", but will remain accessible on her blog. Justine's videos, tutorials and projects are wonderful, and though I am somewhat of an experienced crafter, I learned many things from them. Do yourself a favor and go over to her blog and check out this free class. She is also currently running another free class: Water Color For The Non-Artistic Card Maker. Head over to Justine's blog and check them out!
The project below is one in which I used the ombre technique in the STENCILLING FOR CARDMAKING: THE BASICS session.

It's hard to see the shade changes in the picture, but I started from right to left with Ranger Mowed Lawn distress ink, then Crushed Olive and Bundled Sage. My stencil is Maidenhair Fern from Designs by Ryn. I die cut the top panel with Simon Says Stamp's Prayers die from SSS Prayers Stamps and Dies, and built it up with several black layers of the die cut. The stamped part of the sentiment is from the same set. To finish it off, I added a few red sequins for interest.

Thanks for coming by today, and as always, I appreciate your comments very much!


2 comments:

Jane said...

A beauty Stephanie! Going to check out Justine's classes right now.

Joyce said...

Your card is stunning. What a great sympathy card. I am going to go check out those free classes. Gotta love free, right?