Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Hello Friend



I had a glorious summer off and now I am back to work.  As expected, I am having trouble finding time to craft, but I think about it all of the time.  This creation was rolling around in my head this morning at 4:30. I could not go back to sleep, so I finally just got up and made it!


The "Less Is More" challenge for week 32, is a ONE LAYER CARD entitled SEEING DOUBLE. Chrissie and Mandi would like to see TWO of something on our entries this week.  These little birdies from PTI's Little Bitty Bird set came to mind immediately.  I wanted to add a little texture so I stamped the SU "Sanded" background stamp on to the entire card with Tim Holtz Antique Linen Distress Ink. I then stamped the two branches with VersaFine Vintage Sepia and colored the leaves with Forest Moss and Bundled Sage. I colored the birds with Barn Door.  I used my red atyou spica glitter pen on the wings to give them sparkle. The sentiment is stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black. 

Thank you for stopping in today.  I am off to see what other Limettes have up their sleeves this week!

16 comments:

Tenia Nelson said...

What a super cute card!! tfs!!

Eloise said...

What a beautiful card! I love your little bling birdies. And that distress background goes perfect.

massofhair said...

I thought your images were stamped onto kraft card but you say it's a background stamp, that's fantastic.

Great birdie images and colouring. A fantastic card! :-)

Mandi said...

Fabulous card Stephanie
Love the effect of the Sanded stamp
Thank you
Mandi
"Less is More"

Jenny said...

The early bird makes a card eh? Brilliant idea Steph, I love this cute set too. I luuuurve that sanded background stamp may have to sneak that in my stash too :)
Jenny x

Chrissie said...

TOTALLY STUNNING!
I love those little birdies.
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Aileen said...

Your sanded background suits the woody feel to your card and I love the little birdies tweeting to each other! x

Sarah said...

just gorgeous - fabulous background and perfect images - love them both!

Karen Aicken said...

Totally adorable. TFS!
Cheers, Karen
alteredscrapbooking.blogspot.com

Carla said...

love those birdies

Bumblebee said...

Very cute card, I may have to do one similar with my waltzingmouse teeny trees!

June Houck said...

I love this! My favorite color combo and it is super tweet :)

Anonymous said...

Fantastic card, those birds are so cute! Becky x

Lisa A. said...

Love this...your birds are so "tweet"...so cute and charming!!

Luci said...

I love it - 4:30AM - a design that could not wait! I guess that's what I need to do, too - otherwise when can one create?

This is really an adorable card - and with sparkly bling! Isn't that "sanded" background the absolute best?! Great choice - I love how you gave this background so much subtle texture - fabulous CAS!

Shirley said...

Very very cute and too 'tweet' for words too!