Monday, July 4, 2011

Happy 4th of July


Today is the 4th of July - Independence Day - the national day of the United States.  Independence Day is commonly associated with fireworks, parades, barbecues, carnivals, fairs, picnics, concerts, baseball games, political speeches and ceremonies, and various other public and private events celebrating the history, government, and traditions of the United States.  Canada Day was July 1. Canada Day also means fireworks and the year's biggest national party.  Lots of patriotic celebrating out there!
Yesterday, I was pondering what my Less Is More challenge creation might be for this week.  While looking through blogs posting some comments, I saw THIS creation  by Isha of New Ideas.  Isha was one of the winners of the CAS-ual Fridays CFC8 challenge last week.  Her creation was so striking to me.  I had it in my mind when I saw this week's Less Is More challenge #22, which is to use shades of blue in your CAS creation.  Then I ran across a blog that is new to me - Stampin Royalty.  Their challenge #78 this week is a theme challenge to Go Patriotic
With these two challenges in mind, and my admiration for Isha's creation,  I came up with a CASE of Isha's card with several shades of blue and a patriotic theme.  I used MFT's Die-namics Star Border to cut star borders in six shades of blue - Night of Navy, Marina Mist, Bashful Blue, Baja Breeze, Pacific Point and Tempting Turquoise.  I ran them through my Xyron to apply adhesive to the backs.  I made french knots on the left-most star of each border with The Twinery's Maraschino Twine.  The sentiment and large star are from Verve's American Hero collection.  The large star is colored with Copics and accented with a gold atyou Spica glitter pen.  The white panel is mounted on Night of Navy and Cherry Cobbler.  I am thankful to Isha for her inspiration, and so glad I found another fabulous blog to play with.
Have a wonderful day, and thanks for stopping in!

17 comments:

Susan said...

FABULOUS!!! Love all the stars...and it's a wonderful patriotic card!! My Card

Luci said...

Spectacular! I love your parade of blue stars - so fitting for the day! Have a great 4th with your family!

Jenny said...

Brilliant design Stephanie, happy Fourth of July to you :)
Jenny x

Shirley said...

Too too cute for words, Steph! I love how you did the knots with the twine too!

GinaA said...

Great card, love the way you have picked out the red & white with the french knots.

Mona Pendleton said...

What a fabulous Patriotic card Stephanie! Lovin' all the stars! Happy 4th of July!

Dana said...

A perfect card! Happy Independence Day to you from a fellow American!

G Peplow said...

That's brilliant, love all the details, stars and twine knots, so Happy Fourth of July to you too, Gay xxx

Kathleen said...

What a very clever card, love it.
Happy 4th of July to you.

Kath x

June Houck said...

Wow! Super creative way to use twine. This card is wonderfully creative!

Theresa said...

Great card! Love how you lined up all the stars. Happy 4th.

Ang C said...

A great card

ninarsku said...

Love it! I love stars... I have this same die, have to copy this idea sometime!

STASIA SLOMA said...

what a great card! love your design! thank you for playing along at the stamping royalty!

Mandi said...

FAbulous design Stephanie, although I spy some red too lol
FAB submission as always
Thank you
Diva LIM
"Less is More"

Karin said...

Wow, this is a beautiful card with a fabulous design! Love the gradient colors of the stars...Thanks so much for the sweet comment over at my blog! Have a great day :)

June Houck said...

Hello, Friend!

I left a blog award for you on my blog today. I hope you are well!