Saturday, June 11, 2011

CAS-ual Thinking Of You

This card is for this week's CAS-ual Fridays challenge.  This project frustrated me beyond words.  I began it last week, intending it to be my submission for the June 3rd CAS-ual Fridays challenge.  That challenge was a sketch challenge - you can see it below.
I had just recently received my PTI Anniversary set, and there was an enclosure that I really loved, and I planned to use it for my inspiration. See below:

WELL!!!!! I made it about what felt like 1,000 times, and I just could not get it right.  I missed the deadline for last week's challenge, but I was bound and determined to make it work somehow and use it again.  I finally found a way to work it that I like, and I tweaked my original idea so that I could use it for this week's CAS-ual Fridays challenge, which is so cool.

This week the girls Friday challenge us to This week at CAS-ual Fridays, we are playing Tic Tac Toe.

Each 3-in-a-row line holds a recipe and you get to choose the row that works for you. Choose a row: across, down, or diagonal and then Create a Clean & Simple design using those elements in your project.   I chose the middle, vertical row: GEMS, DIES OR PUNCH, FLOWERS. 

Here is my recipe:
Paper~ Black, River Rock.
Stamps~SU Sanded, MFT 2010 Anniversary set.
Ink~SU Craft White and Crumb Cake , Ranger Rusty Hinge and Forest Moss distress inks, VersaFine Onyx Black
Accessories~Black Gel Pen, SU distressing tool, Twinery Manderine twineMFT Die-namics banner strip die, Kaiser self-adhesive half pearls, Tombo Multi liquid glue.

I am so done with this card!!!!!!  I am sorry to have edited this post twice, but I found some errors that I just had to fix! Thanks for stopping in to look at my frustrating piece!!!! Have a great day!

14 comments:

Suzilou said...

WOW loving both of these, the stamp and colours are gorgeous. Thank you for your comment on my LIM card, popped back over to make sure I had commented on your card and found these, so glad I came back :)

Shirley said...

Awesome! Love how you stamped right on the paper with your image!

Jenny said...

Yay Stephanie...great for sticking with it as the card is beautiful. Love the distessed background paper:)
I haven't forgotten about blogging my award, I'll get round to it this week after I've beaten back the ironing pile :)
Jenny x

Luci said...

WOW Steph! Your artwork is just more beautiful than the next - absolutely gorgeous card!

Virginia L. said...

Hi Stephanie! What a GORGEOUS card! Love how you were inspired and I just love the twines and color combo so much! Sorry that you missed last time's deadline and I'm glad that you made it this time! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays! Hope to see more of your fabulous work!!

Michele Gross said...

Your frustration and effort were worth it! This card is absolutely gorgeous!! Wonderful stamping techniques and the colors are fantastic! I'm glad you stuck with it and we got to see it finally :) Thanks for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

xiumaiyuki said...

Hey there!

What a gorgeous, elegant card!! Don't you just love that set?

Thanks for taking the time to stop by my blog and leaving a comment. You have a lovely blog here... I look forward to dropping by often!

Shobana said...

Awesome stuff Stephanie! Just lovely! :)
Tks so much for stopping by! YES! I got my PTI stuff but yet to try the annv set. Will do as soon as I can find some time to craft! Loving your annv set card!

Kendra said...

I love this stamp set, lucky you for earning it! It looks great, very pretty and worth all the trouble =)

Karolyn at Paper Therapy said...

What a trooper you are! LOL I so admire your perseverance in completing the project after you missed last week's deadline! I adore the end result, so I hope that's some consolation for you! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays - looking forward to seeing more of your beautiful work in future challenges!

Anonymous said...

Your determination paid off! This is a gorgeous card! I especially love the color scheme and gorgeous details :) Thanks for playing with us this week at CAS-ual Fridays!

Alberta said...

Beautiful! Like a mini piece of art. Love the paper and details. Fab job!

Jaclyn Miller said...

This is fabulous - I love how you created that arc shape by using negative space. What a dramatic effect! Glad you made it work for this week. Thanks so much for playing along at CAS-ual Fridays!

Laura Davis said...

I love poppies! Very pretty.
Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!
Laura