Sunday, April 11, 2010

Time For Cake!

This is my take on this week's MFT Wednesday Stamp Club sketch, MFTWSC040710. I really enjoyed this one. I need a birthday card for my niece, and this is perfect for her.

I paper pieced this wonderful WTG image from MFT's "Lovin From The Oven" set (link to image not available at the time of this posting) with Basic Grey's Nook & Pantry DP, then I colored the skin and the spoon with Copics. I colored the inside of the bowl with copics to give the illusion of "batter" and to give it a little dimension, then I stamped some chocolate chips inside the bowl. I also added some dots to the outside of the bowl with a Copic marker to give it some texture. I used MFT's "Make The Date" for the words "Time" & "For", and "Lovin from the Oven" for the word "Cake".
The full list of ingredients are:
Stamps ~ MFT Lovin From the Oven and Make the Date.
Ink ~ Soft Suede, Memento Tuxedo Black.
Paper ~ Basic Grey's Nook & Pantry, Dusty Durango, Soft Suede, Chocolate Chip, Wild Wasabi, Neenah Solar White.
Accessories ~ Dimensionals, Nestabilities, Dusty Durango 1/2" Polka Dot grosgrain ribbon, Copics, 1 1/2" Aluminum White Circle Metal Edge Tag, Linen Thread.
Thanks for stopping in...

2 comments:

Cindy Haffner said...

Very PRETTY, love love your papers.

Kelli Hull said...

SO Pretty!!!!! Make sure you stick this creation into the SCS Gallery with the key words... THEN you can be in the running for some GOODIES!!!! ;)