Saturday, June 27, 2009

True Friend

I made this for VLVjun04 - the 6/19/09 Viva la Verve sketch with a twist. The twist is to use one piece of DSP for inspiration. I just got my new SU In Colors and new Razzleberry Lemonade DSP, so I wanted to give them a whirl. This year's In Colors are really intense. I always have a hard time saying goodbye to the old ones, but I usually fall for the new ones eventually. I decided to jump right in . I am not thrilled with the piercing on this card, mostly because when I put it all together, some of the piercing fell in places I wish it did not. I also tried another new toy - my MFT Hotfix Glitter Pearls with the Professional Touch Hotfix Chrystal Applicator. Oh boy, I sure do need practice with these. I burned my finger, burned the pearls a bit, and ended up gluing the pearls on with glue dots... I love the idea of this, just have to figure out how to do it right. Despite the issues I had with it, I like it the way this card turned out. Here is the recipe:

Paper: Crushed Curry, Rich Razzleberry, Melon Mambo, Razzleberry Lemonade DSP.
Ink: Rich Razzleberry, Pink Pirouette.
Stamps: Verve~Hundred Hearts, Bella Blossoms.
Accessories: Nestabilities, Sticky Tape, atyou Spica Glitter Pen, Rich Razzleberry Polka Dot Grosgrain Ribbon, Mat Pack & Piercing Tool, Sponge, Sponge Daubers, Professional Touch Hotfix Chrystal Applicator, MFT Hotfix Glitter Pearls, Bow Easy.

No comments: