It's Monday and that means it is my day to showcase my STAMPlorations projects. You can also view them and see more detail on the STAMPlorations Blog.
Today, both of my projects feature OLD LETTERS POCKET BACKDROPS. This beautiful pack features three classic, antique-inspired designs. The backgrounds showcase elegant, flowing handwritten script and faint ledger lines on aged, sepia-toned paper, beautifully accented with soft pink and cream-colored floral illustrations and delicate vintage postmarks.
When thinking about a design, I came across a piece of blush cardstock sitting on my desk from which I had die cut a solid butterfly from Flutter Zen 1 Layering Dies for another project. I decided to use this in my design as the blush color went so well with the vintage paper. The script looked great in the butterfly aperture. Then I decided to use the inside of the same die and die cut it using vellum to ad more interest and texture. I put a couple of drops of glue on the antennae and the bottom center of the butterfly, then bent the wings out a bit. "Carpe Diem" is one of my favorite sentiments, so I used that stamp from the Bloomdala Bliss Stamp set to complete my card.
For my second card, I split one sheet from the paper pack into 3 strips, matted them with coordinating card stock, then mounted them on kraft card stock. I heat embossed the medium butterfly from Trendy Butterfles 2 on vellum with Rose Gold embossing powder and fussy cut it out. Then I added it along with a die cut sentiment using the hello word die to a band of vellum, wrapping it around the back of the Kraft panel and adhered that to a white card base to finish.
Save 20% off your order by using my code at checkout:
I am on the STAMPlorations Design Team. Please be aware that the links above to the STAMPlorations products used in my projects are affiliated links which means that if you use them to make a purchase I will get a small commission at no extra cost to you.
I'm playing at:
Card #1




You sure made beautiful cards with these products! And vellum is always a soft element on cards. Love these, especially in the blush color on the one and the burgundy mats. Beautiful cards and very creative! Thanks for playing at JUGS!!!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful end result using the products! Love the bfly die cut too. Thanks for sharing at JUGS
ReplyDeleteThose papers are just beautiful and I'm loving the fancy butterflies you added! Marvelous makes, Stephanie. So happy you shared one with us at Just Us Girls!
ReplyDeleteLove them both Stephanie. Gorgeous papers and I too love that butterfly die. Thanks for adding to our JUGS Gallery.
ReplyDelete